Hey Nate! I think, overall, your lesson went really well, despite all the setbacks we had going on. Your approach to the lesson, with a mixture of documents and videos, was really clever, as it allowed students exposure to different styles of materials as opposed to just straight documents. As for critiques, I would suggest managing the amount of time spent on documents--some students are bound to be done well before the rest and will get restless just sitting around waiting.
Nate, you did a very good job with the indirect instruction lesson. Even with the technical complications that arose, you were able to stay relaxed. I liked the lesson itself, it was a very interesting concept of comparing such important leaders in the civil rights movements. You did well with the fact that there was no right answer given. You had plenty to keep us busy the entire time and the discussion that you led was very informative. The only thing that I can think to say to critique is to be more confident, but that will come in time when you have had more experience. Very nice job.
Oh Mister Nathan, your lesson was interesting. You utilized three different types of mediums, and you had us moving and discussing throughout the time you allotted us. If I were a History student, I would have definitely have appreciated your decision to include them.
What I loved:
You gave us three forms of assessment. A critique review, a letter, and a video. All of these mediums spoke to the same person and gave varying perspectives on what people thought and saw in Malcolm X. This allowed us, as students, to discover where our options laid, as well as back those options up with a grander sense of knowledge and expertise. You made sure to keep us on track. Time was very specific for you and us. As you made your way through the lesson, you would remind us on when it was time to gather our thoughts and when it was time to move along to the next set of instructions and medium. I loved this! And you also allowed us to speak more than we wanted! You and Wait Time are partners in crime. Very persuasive extraction technique.
As for my one and only critique? Breath, man! You were fine. I know the camera literally shut off for me, but we stayed behind to help out because we knew you had it in you. You're a great teacher, just take a moment to settle that thought in!
Hey Nate! I think, overall, your lesson went really well, despite all the setbacks we had going on. Your approach to the lesson, with a mixture of documents and videos, was really clever, as it allowed students exposure to different styles of materials as opposed to just straight documents.
ReplyDeleteAs for critiques, I would suggest managing the amount of time spent on documents--some students are bound to be done well before the rest and will get restless just sitting around waiting.
Nate, you did a very good job with the indirect instruction lesson. Even with the technical complications that arose, you were able to stay relaxed. I liked the lesson itself, it was a very interesting concept of comparing such important leaders in the civil rights movements. You did well with the fact that there was no right answer given. You had plenty to keep us busy the entire time and the discussion that you led was very informative. The only thing that I can think to say to critique is to be more confident, but that will come in time when you have had more experience. Very nice job.
ReplyDeleteOh Mister Nathan, your lesson was interesting. You utilized three different types of mediums, and you had us moving and discussing throughout the time you allotted us. If I were a History student, I would have definitely have appreciated your decision to include them.
ReplyDeleteWhat I loved:
You gave us three forms of assessment. A critique review, a letter, and a video. All of these mediums spoke to the same person and gave varying perspectives on what people thought and saw in Malcolm X. This allowed us, as students, to discover where our options laid, as well as back those options up with a grander sense of knowledge and expertise.
You made sure to keep us on track. Time was very specific for you and us. As you made your way through the lesson, you would remind us on when it was time to gather our thoughts and when it was time to move along to the next set of instructions and medium. I loved this!
And you also allowed us to speak more than we wanted! You and Wait Time are partners in crime. Very persuasive extraction technique.
As for my one and only critique? Breath, man! You were fine. I know the camera literally shut off for me, but we stayed behind to help out because we knew you had it in you. You're a great teacher, just take a moment to settle that thought in!